I thought setting up my wikispace page was rather easy, although it took a little time to figure out by playing with different settings. The site itself was very willing to help, and offered a lot of tools to make my wiki easy to set up.
I didn't put anything in my personal wiki about PETA (the organization I'm learning about for my wiki project); rather, I kept that information solely on my group's wiki. That way, everything will be in one place and I don't have to keep looking back and forth between the two.
My group kept our wiki very simple for this week. All three of us chose three basic categories to start researching and began from there. We individually wrote our information down in the wiki and our page started developing. I added a video to the end of the wiki because I saw that was an option and I was curious to see how that would go. Our organization (PETA) seems to have a lot of information on the internet, and I do not believe that it will be very difficult to develop its wiki page.
Overall, balancing class and work is difficult. I work two almost full time jobs and my life can get pretty hectic with just that. Adding this class onto it was a bit of a struggle for these first two weeks. But, I think that I'm getting the hang of it, and next week will be much easier. But otherwise, this coursework is what I expected, and I'm looking forward to the future assignments that we'll have on new "mediums."
For this class are we suppose to make two separate wikis (one personal, one group?) If not, I admire that you're creating your own wiki to spark discussion! I'll admit I'm pretty confused with the whole thing, so it's impressive that you have two you're working on. Your group wiki already looks really great! Also, you seem to be doing a great job despite all of your work and classwork. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteHow did you get the video to go on your wikispace? I couldn't figure that out and along with what Audra was saying I also didn't know we had to create two wikis and I completely agree that working and this class were difficult at first but now I'm getting the hang of it and I'm glad you are too :)
ReplyDeleteAudra, I thought we were supposed to make two separate ones. Buuuut, I'm not really sure.
ReplyDeleteMarika, I just pressed the thing that said add video and I just posted the youtube link.